23 February, 2012

J.K. Rowling's New Publisher and Deal

I am a huge fan of the Harry Potter series. I love the whimsical magic that was Hogwarts and I can't believe it's almost been 5 years since the final book came out.

Well, finally, and after such a long time, J.K. Rowling has signed a new deal with publisher Little, Brown. This new book will have nothing to do with Harry Potter, but I'm excited to see what Rowling has in store for us next. This new book is also her first book for "grownups," even though I thought the last couple installments of Harry Potter had quite a few adult elements so I'm confident this isn't much of a stretch for her.
"Although I've enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world," Rowling said in a statement released by Little, Brown. "The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry's success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life."
Rowling has quite a bit to live up to, so I'm sure there will be plenty disappointed no matter what happens.

EDIT: Here's a video from Newsy on "The New Book," which explains how there's nothing really explained with some fan reaction:

2 comments:

Bibliotropic said...

Though I've seen a couple of lackluster reactions to this so far, I'm actually quite excited to find out just what it is that she's writing. I've enjoyed her writing from the first time I started reading Harry Potter, and even if this new book will have nothing to do with the previous series, she's certainly captured my interest.

Bryce L. said...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it and while it would have been nice to get some little tidbit of information, it's not like I'm not going to read this right? And it's not like this doesn't get me really excited either. :)