05 December, 2012

Every Night, I Come Home To This...

Just about every night I come up to my room and I see my son's had some fun with my books.

Usually, this is what I see:
Well, normally just the pile of books, but I'm always happy to join in.
My son likes to play with my books like most kids play with blocks, he builds towers and then topples them over:


Here's another version, which he made even higher:

The one facing opposite is The Prefect.
Before you worry too much about my poor books, first, thanks for your concern, second, I keep the ones he can play with (the used ones) on the front row and he tends to stop with those ones.

Hopefully this means he will want to read them some day, but I'm very glad he already has a healthy love of books. :)

4 comments:

Bob/Sally said...

I feel your pain - I've moved most of my books to the bedroom, but there are still 2 small shelves in what has become the baby's room.

At 16 months he is VERY curious, although he doesn't so much as play with them as pull them off the shelf and bring them over to dada . . . one after another after another. :)

Bryce L. said...

That's great, I love it. I'm just glad he's over the stage of ripping books apart. But then I guess I have two more to worry about once they start toddling around in a couple months.

Mieneke van der Salm said...

That's so cute! Our eldest has been well-trained by now to only touch the books when we say she can, but the youngest is now very mobile and loves getting at the books. Hopefully, she'll follow her sister's example sooner rather than later!

Bryce L. said...

Haha, usually siblings follow along right? Maybe? Sometimes? :) I just can't wait till we have two 2-year-olds reeking havoc around the house! None of my books are safe.